Q10.When a foreign seaman is deported, who can apply to stay on for medical reasons? How does the application process go? What should applicants attention to?
（1）Who is eligible: Foreign seamen or foreign nationals serving on ships with the following conditions:
1. Section 1 Article 18 of the Immigration Act and Section 2 Article 3 of the Regulations for temporary entry permit for foreign nationals (deportation of foreign nationals).
2. Section 1 Article 18 of the Immigration Act (application to stay for medical reasons).
1. Application for deportation of a foreign seaman rests on the shipping service representative submitting the deportation application form and the captain’s report after the ship enters port to the international affairs section of this bureau. Attached documentation should include the applicant’s passport (seamen service log) and ticket for that day’s or the earliest mode of transportation going out of the country.
2. Applying for foreign nationals to undergo medical treatment in the country rests on the shipping service representative submitting an application form and the captain’s report to the international affairs section of the bureau (a doctor’s certificate should be submitted after the treatment is complete).
1. Foreign seamen applying for deportation must stay until the same day or the earliest time the specific mode of transportation leaves the country.
2. For applications for foreign seamen to stay for medical reasons, after review of the case by the international affairs section of the bureau, a temporary permit to stay may be issued; if, after the reason has been eliminated, and deportation is still necessary, then it shall be carried out accordingly.
3. The representative of the shipping company should be responsible for veracity of the information on the foreign seaman who is being deported or asked to stay for medical reasons. For seamen who are deported, the plane ticket or other documents of proof should be submitted to the person-in-charge at the international affairs section of the bureau.
4. Application for deportation or stay for medical reason of foreign seamen should be filed as soon as the ship enters port.